Full course description
Cybersecurity threats are a real and growing problem in every industry. Security breaches, due to employee errors, cost businesses an estimated $800,000,000 per year. Businesses, both small and large, now have the added concern of cybersecurity threats endangering their business and their data. This course pinpoints the essential cybersecurity concepts needed to protect businesses and their employees. The first line of defense against cybersecurity threats is understanding cybersecurity as an organization. By enrolling in this course, you will:
- Better understand how to keep yourself and your business safe when online.
- Learn to create stronger passwords to secure your information.
- Be able to identify and protect yourself from social engineering tactics used to exploit businesses.
- Become proficient in identifying and avoiding malware.
- Be able to implement essential cybersecurity practices in your workplace immediately.
This course was designed for small and large businesses and employees alike and identifies important cybersecurity practices for anyone securing information or conducting business online. Each of the five modules contain interactive content, videos, and quizzes to ensure participants complete the course with a firm understanding of the concepts being taught. While the content itself can be completed within a 3 to 5 hour timeframe, participants are given a period of 30 days so they are able to complete the content on their own terms. Upon completion, a digital badge is awarded to enhance resumes and showcase on professional social media profiles.