Full course description
We are pleased to offer this program for the community at a reduced, introductory cost of $595!
Location Live Online
Full Schedule Every week on Saturdays, starting on 10/15/22 and ending on 12/10/22 from (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM) EST
|Saturday :||October 15, 2022||(10:00 AM - 12:00 PM) EST|
|Saturday :||October 22, 2022||(10:00 AM - 12:00 PM) EST|
|Saturday :||October 29, 2022||(10:00 AM - 12:00 PM) EST|
|Saturday :||November 5, 2022||(10:00 AM - 12:00 PM) EST|
|Saturday :||November 12, 2022||(10:00 AM - 12:00 PM) EST|
|Saturday :||November 19, 2022||(10:00 AM - 12:00 PM) EST|
|(Skip Day)||November 26, 2022||(Skip Day)|
|Saturday :||December 3, 2022||(10:00 AM - 12:00 PM) EST|
|Saturday :||December 10, 2022||(10:00 AM - 12:00 PM) EST|
Eleni Volonaki Ph.D.
(Click for Biography)
The "I Can Speak Greek Well!" program is based on training methods that aim at teaching the Greek language quickly and correctly, both the oral and written part, as well as the development of various communication language skills, and it is powered by our international partnership with Ekpedeftiria Bouga.
Learn like a native! Immerse yourself in the Greek language and culture through our live online course “I Speak Greek Well”. If you’ve ever studied a new language, you know that effective communication requires more than just vocabulary.
• Are you looking to capitalize on business or investment opportunities in Greece?
• Do you want to immerse yourself in the culture and language of Greece before visiting or studying abroad?
• Are you trying to reconnect with relatives and honor your Greek heritage?
This course will transform your ability to conduct daily life and business using the Greek language.
• Accessible for all skill levels! - Placement tests upon enrollment ensure participant success from novice to expert level speakers.
• Tailored content for industry or organization-specific terminology (i.e.- Medical field) – Our instructors can identify the necessary phrasing, terminology, and understanding for your desired industry.
• Taught by education experts who are native speakers - providing intuitive insight that “app-based” learning cannot deliver.
• Participant accountability and collaboration through hands-on learning! – Expert guides support your new language journey. Our instructors will guide you every step of the way to becoming an expert in the Greek language.
Meets for 8 weeks, on a weekday for 2 hours (pending confirmation based on participant feedback) and Saturdays 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST
This iteration will focus primarily on the oral part, while a second part focusing on writing will also be introduced at a later time.
The program encompasses modern, adult training techniques, paired with the expertise of University Professors from Greece (currently living and teaching in Greece). This unique program offers 32 live online synchronous training, where participants have the opportunity to practice their learnings, work on their dialogue-conversation skills, have any of their questions answered and much more! The entire experience of the program is estimated to be approximately 60-80 hours, as participants will be provided an array of resources to work on their own time, outside of the class. Upon successful completion, participants will receive a language level certification recognized by the “Ancient World Study Laboratory" of the Department of History of the Ionian University. In addition to that, a Certificate of Attendance will be provided by the “Orizon” Certified Lifelong Training Center of Ekpedeftiria Bouga and USF Corporate Training and Professional Education. Successful completers of the program will also earn a USF digital badge that can be showcased on social media profiles, including LinkedIn.
“I Can Speak Greek Well!” is for:
- Any participant wanting to learn the Greek language within a short period of time
- Immigrants and repatriates
- Tourists, guests
- Foreign residents of Greek origin or with Greek roots
- Teachers and trainers of the Greek language abroad
- Students and young people of Greek origin who live abroad
What Will I Have Gained By Attending the Program?
By the end of the program the trainees will have learned to speak the Greek language so that they can:
- Communicate with any person who speaks Greek
- Actively participate in Greek public activities
- Obtain a broad training education and pass it on to their family
- Placement tests to be taken on enrollment
- Oral interview with teachers before the beginning of the program
- Educational models adapted to the needs and individual requirements of each learner (adaptation to each language level)
- Experiential learning of vocabulary and idiomatic phrases
- Systematic teaching of the structure (syntax and grammar) of the Greek language
- Dialectical method of oral speech development
- Interactive speech exercises (dialogues between students, monologues, theatrical events, poetry and music, use of works of art, etc.)
- Award of Greek language certification (similar level of integration in the program) after special language tests
Educators and Collaborations
The program is staffed by teachers with experience and training in teaching Greek as a foreign language, University Professors from Greece and abroad working as consultants and partners.
Certificate of Attendance is provided by the “Orizon” Certified Lifelong Training Center of Ekpedeftiria Bouga and USF Corporate Training and Professional Education. Successful completers of the program will also earn a USF digital badge that can be showcased on social media profiles, including LinkedIn.
Find more info, please contact Nancy Dimis: email@example.com